June 27, 2014

Truth about Burot Beach

sunset in Burot Beach

Burot Beach

This beach is known for one of the nearest beach in Manila. Upon seeing photos online and getting' a good feedback from bloggers, my girl and I decided to give it a shot on one weekend. After getting some info on how to reach Burot Beach, we hit the road and off we go to the beach.
When we arrived in Calatagan Batangas, we bought some food supplies that we'll be needing for until the next morning. We took another ride to Burot Beach from Calatgan which cost Php 150.00/one way. The sun was about to set when we arrived at the beach. After setting up our tent, I then grabbed my camera and took some shot of the sun setting down. It was damn awesome! Perfect colors I'd say.

After a while, I was not holding my camera, instead, it was cooking ware that was on my hand! Hahaha Damn! So I'm cooking and not my girl. She was just there staring at the beach and sometime at me. Oh sweet! Hahaha We decided not to take a swim. We'll just do it the next day. Around 7 in the evening, we were just sitting on the sand outside our tent while I was trying to empty some bottle of beers that I brought. After havin' a good talk, and good stare at the stars above, we decided to get some sleep. While lying down inside our tent, it didn't took long for us to hear people shouting. Damn! Drunk people who doesn't know when enough is enough. We didn't get a good sleep the whole night because of them.

beach dog in Burot Beach

Morning in Burot Beach

The next day, reality about Burot Beach strikes! As what bloggers says about this beach, I, or should I say, both of us were expecting more on this beach. That the sand is fine and white, clean campsite and that we'll have a good weekend. Well, it was the opposite! I was in dismay the next morning. Trashes were all over the place. What in the hell did just happen to those sweet talks online about Burot Beach?! And when I checked the comfort room, it was damn DISGUSTING! Unbelievable! Trash were inside the comfort room too! Damn this place! As if it was not privately owned by some rich guy. An entrance fee of Php 160.00 and this is what we get? Can't they provide at least a clean toilet? Probably I didn't notice it the other night because we were busy checking out the beach and looking at the sunset. My oh my. This place is trash.
Islet in Burot Beach
When we took a swim, oh shit, another one. There's a lot of seaweeds in water and it's annoying. I will never comeback on this beach again no matter what! That's what I told myself. After a few minutes, we both decided to get out from the water and just lay down on the sand. Oh sorry, we can't lay down on the sand because of the trashes that was on it and also the sand isn't fine at all. So we sat down and that's it. What a place!

If you're going to Burot Beach, please don't expect too much or don't be fooled by photos that you'll see over the internet. Don't fall for that like we do! Burot Beach is a trash and filthy place to be on to. Not worth to spend a few bucks for this beach and an effort just to get to Burot Beach.
kid playing in Burot Beach

If you still insist on checking out this place,

Here's how to get to Burot Beach

Don't go on weekends or summer month.
Ride a bus bound to Nasugbu Batangas in Cubao and ask the driver to drop you off to Lian.
From Lian, ride a a jeepney bound to Calatagan for P32.00.
Tricycle to Burot beach from Calatagan for P150.00
 


Smiley face

Your turn to talk, Speak up!